Ramadan and its special status
The month is the most blessed among all 12 months, in certain aspects.
The Qur’an states that there are 12 months and 4 among them are highly revered. Ramadan is the only month that is mentioned by name. For instance, Allah says
“شھر رمضان الذی انزل فیہ القرآن“
[It is the month of Ramadan, in which the Qur’an was sent down.
2) The month of Ramadan has the Night of Power a.k.a. Shab-e-Qadr or Laylat-ul-Qadr.
Performing acts of prayer i.e. reciting the Qur’an, performing Salah, performing Zikr, and other forms of Ibaadah through the night until dawn is better than praying for more than a thousand months.
3) Every other month has designated times for special prayers and recitations, but during the month of Ramzan for one who is fasting, every moment is considered moment of prayer and piety.
4) The Reward (Sawaab) for performing good and kind deeds during this month is increased by 10 to 100 times.
5) Voluntary prayers/recitations (Nafil Ibaadah) are considered equal to one Obligatory Ibaadat, and Obligatory prayers/recitations are rewarded 70x more than those performed before and after the month of Ramadan.
6) Allah Ta’ala pays special attention to each of His bondmen during this month.
7) The gates to Jannah (Paradise) are opened throughout this month. And concurrently the gates to Jahannum (Hell) are shut for the month.
8) The gates to the heavens are opened, and legitimate duas (supplications) of Muslims reach Baab-e-Ijabaah (Doors of Acceptance) with absolute ease.
9) The Saheefe (Books revealed to Prophets) of Hazrat Ibrahim Alaihis Salaam (Prophet Abraham, Peace Be Upon Him) were sent down to Earth on the first of Ramadan.
Important dates of this month Ramadan / Ramadan and its special status
3rd: Wisaal of Khatoon-e-Jannat Hazrat Fatima-tuz-Zahra, RadhyiAllahu Anha
6th: The Torah Shareef (Old Testament) was sent down
10th: Wisaal of Umm-ul-Momineen Hazrat Khadija-tul-Kubra, RadhyiAllahu Anha
13th: The Injeel Shareef (New Testament) was sent down
17th: Wisaal of Hazrat Aisha Siddiqa, RadhyiAllahu Anha
17th: Battle of Badr
20th: Fateh-e-Mecca (Reconquer of Mecca)
21st: Martyrdom of Hazrat Maula Ali Karam’Allahu Ta’ala Wajahul Kareem
27th: The Qur’an Shareef (Final Testament) was sent down
May Allah be Pleased with each of them.